Gullah Gravy Chicken Wings
These chicken wings are always a great crowd pleaser and go with any tailgate, Super Bowl party, or other occasion where you are looking for the perfect accompaniment to your spread.
- 5 pounds of chicken wings separated at the joints
- Cooking oil (recommend using peanut oil)
- Gullah Gravy Low Country Moppin' Sauce
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F
- Heat oil to 350 degree F
- Fry wings in small batches until crispy
- Toss wings in Gullah Gravy sauce until completely coated
- Spread wings out on cookie sheet and keep them warm in the oven until ready to serve
Grilled Wings: grill or smoke wings on the BBQ until they reach your desired doneness. Toss the wings in sauce and place back on the grill. Cook wings for 10-15 minutes. I like to use a 300-350 degree F grill when cooking wings.
Baked Wings: cook wings in the oven following the instructions above
Serve with Blue Cheese dressing, celery sticks, and carrots along with extra sauce for dipping.